Liveaboard dive Komodo onboard of the La Galigo
Komodo National Park is located in the center of the Indonesian archipelago, between the islands of Sumbawa and Flores. Established in 1980 Initially, the primary purpose of the Park was to conserve the unique Komodo dragon (Varanus komodoensis) and its habitat.
However, over the years, the goals for the Park have expanded to protecting its entire biodiversity, both terrestrial and marine. In 1986, the Park declared a World Heritage Site and a Man and Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, both indications of the Park's biological importance.
Komodo National Park includes three major islands: Komodo, Rinca, and Padar, as well as numerous smaller islands. The Park includes one of the richest marine environments including coral reefs, mangroves, seagrass beds, seamounts, and semi-enclosed bays. These habitats harbor more than 1,000 species of fish, some 260 species of reef-building coral, and 70 species of sponges.
Dugong, sharks, manta rays, at least 14 species of whales, dolphins, and sea turtles also make Komodo National Park their home. As well as being home to the Komodo dragon, the Park provides refuge for many other notable terrestrial species.
Komodo national park is known to host some of the worlds best diving. Strong currents produce a feeding ground for a spectacular array of some of the world's most beautiful marine life. Our dive package will take you to the best of these sites in a convenient action length, perfect for that dive break away from the daily grind. Wake up happy every day when you open your eyes to the blue ocean and breathtaking views of Komodo on La Galigo liveaboard.
The Ultimate Komodo liveaboard dive package includes:
- 7 nights in a Deluxe cabin onboard La Galigo Liveaboard
- Approximately 24 dives
- Hotel transfers to and from Labuan Bajo on the first and final day of your cruise, from a local hotel in Labuan Bajo.
- Ferry transfers to and from Labuan Bajo to La Galigo on the first and final day of your cruise.
- All meals, snacks, coffee and tea, and La Galigo juices.
- Diving services including tanks, weights, air fills (non nitrox), guides and dive tenders.
- Land excursions
The package does not include:
- Flight tickets
- Travel, Dive and repatriation insurance
- Visas and fees
- Airport taxes and extra baggage fees
- Airport to hotel transfers
- Port, Ranger and Marine Park fees
- Komodo tags (approximately $130 USD)
- Rangers fees (on-land activity)
- Dive rental equipment
- Nitrox - prices USD per person
- Dive courses and certification, (price on application)
- Alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, spirits.
- Soft Drinks and package snacks
- Fuel surcharges** (may fluctuate with markets, you may be asked to pay an extra fuel * allowance up to 60 days before departure, of no more than $100USD per person)
- Gratuities (preferred in local currency)
- La Galigo Merchandise
Click here to contact us if you would have any questions, would like to have a quote for another travel date or would like to create a more custom package.
Where will you stay during the Ultimate Komodo Liveaboard trip?
La Galigo has been built by traditional Southern Sulawesi craftsmen in Bira in 2012. She is a traditional two mast Phinisi style sailboat, which the Buginese have perfected over hundreds of years. Her sturdy hull has been built from Kalimantan ironwood and the rest of the vessel has been finished to perfection in warm tropical teak.
She has been designed by an avid liveaboard diver with the liveaboard diving lifestyle comfort and practicality in mind. Motor and generator noise have been engineered out by isolating the engine room away from rooms with thick walling. Cabins and ensuite’s are filled with plentiful natural light and spectacular views of the passing seas and islands.
La Galigo consists of 3 main decks for living and diving plus an additional roof top deck that is opened during favourable conditions. All cabins have wardrobes with plenty of space for your luggage, and a desk to fill out your log book after a spectacular day diving. All cabins also have hot water in the showers.
Your service is guaranteed with a very low crew to customer ratio. Enjoy a unique cultural exchange with the local Indonesian people as you learn a little Bahasa Indonesia and immerse yourself in the culture of this mystical land.
Price is per person and based on double occupancy.
Liveaboard dive Komodo - Ultimate Komodo 8D/ 7N + 24 dives - $2,329.-
Send a FREE no obligation request for information today by completing the form below. Not sure where to go yet? Sign up for our newsletter today and get inspired.